ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 Weird noise

Cooper S
Hi all, I don't think (fingers crossed) it is anything serious, opinions appreciated..

My 197 has done 1000 miles now... Noticed a couple of times recently when I start it from cold it makes a strange sort of squeeking/whiring noise for a second or so, then it stops... Doesn't sound like fan belt or anything though...You can only hear it if you have the door open!

Sounds fine once it running, engine seems quieter on tickover (when stood outside the car) than my 182..

ST
My R27 is on 2500 miles, the only problem i get with mine is the terribly lumpy idle on cold start up, no squeeking tho..

Cooper S
take it back..

Thats what I'll end up doing..Thing is it just sort of whirs then stops, and runs as normal, the idle isn't particularly lumpy either which is a novelty after my 182!

Worst bit is it only does on first drive of day, if you restart it it doesn't do it, as a result it'll be a case of leaving it with Renault, and from past experience they'll keep it a week, say they tried it everyday and they couldn't hear anything...I'll get it back, it will be the same and round and round we go!

It isn't a particularly loud noise, just sounds a bit ropey/odd for a brand new car, as I said, you can't even here it from inside the car!

Cooper S
take it back..

Thats what I'll end up doing..Thing is it just sort of whirs then stops, and runs as normal, the idle isn't particularly lumpy either which is a novelty after my 182!

Worst bit is it only does on first drive of day, if you restart it it doesn't do it, as a result it'll be a case of leaving it with Renault, and from past experience they'll keep it a week, say they tried it everyday and they couldn't hear anything...I'll get it back, it will be the same and round and round we go!

It isn't a particularly loud noise, just sounds a bit ropey/odd for a brand new car, as I said, you can't even here it from inside the car!

After further inspection, I would say it is either the aux belt or cam belt rotating, can here it going round when engine ticking over, not when you rev the car... Doesn't sound anymore serious than just the belt going round....Does this sound about right? Anyone?

Clio 197
Get it checked out mate as mine is bad on warm up, juddery but i think its just a factor of owning one but you need to make sure everything is ok before big problems occur.