ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182_steve's FF 182 progress thread!

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Get them sealed before putting them on if you can, will make them 100 times easier to clean in the future.

Here's some photos of the new wheels, now they are back from being re-furbed and with fresh new tyres fitted........ ready to go on the car!

I'm very pleased with how they have come out! :cool:

26th%20November%202016%2006_zpswxzuyklc.jpg

26th%20November%202016%2007_zps6fdi8lgu.jpg

26th%20November%202016%2004_zpsjruh61m8.jpg

26th%20November%202016%2005_zpssyh8ntly.jpg

Let's just leave that to our imagination what you meant!! lol

The excitement of getting these sorted is making me temporarily get over how long i'm having to wait for the new wheel due to boss being out of stock!! Never mind.

The Turini's went on this morning as planned and I even managed to get out and take some photos before it started to drizzle with rain, the photos are a bit dull as that's how the weather was, but at least I could get out :cool:

Overall, VERY happy and wheels look awesome with a capital A, BUT...............

The rears are indeed too wide with the 14mm hubcentric spacers (yes 14, I keep saying they are 16mm as that's what the previous owner told me but I measured them twice when the wheels were being swopped and they are 14mm). The rear wheels rubbed somewhere reversing off my drive and also rubbed when driving, especially when I put my foot down. It's funny how it looks like the rear wheels stick out even further but I guess that's the illusion caused by the front arches being wider.

I think i'll take @Dr Jekyll 's advice and go for some 5mm on the rear but what about 10mm on the front just to bring them in a bit too? Would that work? Anyone know what size bolts i'd need if I went 5mm and 10mm and where to get the spacers and bolts?

Progress photo;

P1040660_zps9jvakg8d.jpg

....... and all on and finished;

P1040667_zpsf2hzxrbu.jpg

P1040664_zpsu7pf2mld.jpg

P1040665_zpsgcmwra84.jpg

P1040663_zpsmfbz4fwe.jpg

P1040666_zps7gxccoqd.jpg

P1040672_zpsyndtoweb.jpg

P1040677_zpsrjatiedj.jpg

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
PMS do new ones and the quality is very good. Unsure on what sizes they do though buddy.

All i know is you can use your existing wheel bolts up to 5mm then its recommended that you get longer bolts to compensate the bigger spacer, unless they are bolt to hub type as you can use your existing bolts then.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Standard is et43 and cup is et38 so 5mm wider. They do seem too wide though.

The fronts look borderline. I think you could pull it off if it was slightly lower as the arch would cover it more.

Yeah I agree, the fronts are indeed borderline and i'm 50/50 but the rears need to be sorted. I wasn't sure anyway but as soon as it rubbed, that was it........ that's why I was thinking 5mm on the rear and 10mm on the front. 4/5mm less on the front should just tuck them under a bit nicer but upto 10mm less on the rear should be a big improvement. I had to leave the spacers on though as I don't think I got the original bolts with the car, will have to check the box of standard parts, but I didn't want to put the standard wheels back on again 😂

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
P1040560_zpstixotqrj.jpg

P1040563_zpsri39ntsi.jpg

P1040571_zps16sm1uvv.jpg

P1040570_zpsxhkq6dzq.jpg

P1040565_zpsrh05gxrb.jpg

Rolled over to another 1000 miles today, first time in well over a year going by the history;

P1040573_zpscrsosart.jpg

....... and one quick one of the sea, as it was behind me when taking those photos!

P1040569_zpsorshiyd3.jpg
A quick look for pics of it on standard wheels (sorry [emoji38]) and the rear ones do look right on the limit of bodywork! How thick are those rear spacers?

What size spacers are on the rear

Exactly the same as the front ones as I measured them, 14mm

Yum. That looks properly lush mate.
Agree the rears need to come in a bit but otherwise it's spot on!

Cheers mate, seeing how fresh and clean yours looked yesterday in your photos on the Turini's gave me confidence mine should look ok lol!

What size is on the front?

As above, all four are the same and hubcentric ones :up:
.......... the spacers were done by the previous owner you see so I've no idea where they came from or anything about them!

If you cant find them, i have a box of original bolts you can have.

Thanks for that offer mate, that could be handy to know :blush:

Yes and no, I can hear it rubbing on the back very slightly, nothing serious but enough to make me need to sort this ASAP!

It's a shame there's always an issue it seems, but it's small, and that's car modifying!! 😂

Cheers bud :up: it's not been out the garage for a little while so did make me smile to see it still looking fresh and clean today and then with the new wheels on, OH YES! :cool:

Worth the hassle to get it right.........

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Always nice adding bits. I'd like to add bits to mine but I am absolutely made up with how it is. So frustrating in a good way

Looking on the Pure Motorsport website, they do the size spacers I want in 5mm and 10mm sizes although not hubcentric, does that really matter? Also I noticed on various sizes it says like 4x100 and 5x108 etc..... that lost me! Would it be the 4x100 I need etc?

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
I doubt you'll get spacers as small as 5mm in hubcentric, should be able to get some hubcentric 10mm though, so if you decide to go with 10mm I'd definitely recommend looking for some hubcentric ones, it just reduces the risk of wheel wobble etc.

4x100 will be what you need.

I doubt you'll get spacers as small as 5mm in hubcentric, should be able to get some hubcentric 10mm though, so if you decide to go with 10mm I'd definitely recommend looking for some hubcentric ones, it just reduces the risk of wheel wobble etc.

4x100 will be what you need.

Brilliant, thanks for that! I emailed Pure Motorsport and had a good message back today basically saying they don't do 5mm in hubcentric as you said would likely be the case, but also they have recommended a 5mm spacer all round which i'm liking the idea of........ yes it's not hubcentric, but when it's only 5mm is that an issue? Fingers crossed my longer bolts will still be ok to use with a spacer that much smaller but should be ok.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
I had 8mm H&R Trak+ spacers on my old A3 and they were hubcentric. Surely they do some for a Clio?