ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182_steve's FF 182 progress thread!

Nice mate, get some good rubber them.

Cheers bud, won't be for a little while as money is a little thin this time of year but I want to get some really good tyres for these, just not sure what! Last time I bought 4 fresh new ones was on my old Type-R and they were Michelin Pilot Sport 3's........ good, but everyone on here has different ones i'm not so familiar with lol!

Will look fab Steve

Fingers crossed, in a fresh bright silver and with the hubcentric spacers and cooksports already on, should be a good look!

The other little purchase I've recently made is a new steering wheel for the car! I've been looking into this for a little while now and @DrJekyll has been a big help with a few questions I had - much appreciated mate! In the end I've decided on this 330mm Sparco one, with black suede and centre horn push (as pictured below). To go with this i've also ordered a Momo boss and am currently organising a custom 4 button bracket for the cruise control etc buttons. I think/hope this should look pretty good! I'm told a smaller wheel will be a big improvement over the larger 'van' wheel as standard!!

Just got to wait for the Momo boss to come back into stock and then it can all be sent to me!

spa_r323-scam-01-2013_zpso5nfzvon.jpg

EDIT: I'm not sure how to link people in posts lol so Mark if you see this, thanks for the help!

Managed to get the new wheels down to my mate's garage today to get the cheapy tyres taken off, that means on my day off tomorrow I can try and get them down to the local powdercoaters to get them re-furbed and made minty fresh. I still think a nice light silver is the way forward!

So with the wheels getting done much quicker than I originally planned (shock!) i'll very soon be in the market for 4 brand new and good tyres. But what!? :neutral: Been recommended Pirelli P Zero's and I liked the Michelin Pilot Sport 3's I've had on my old car but unsure which way to go with this!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Ado8r's and hero it. Unless your doing big miles or scared. :)

From reading recently and the winter I'd be very tempted with r1r's

Ado8r's and hero it. Unless your doing big miles or scared. :smile:

From reading recently and the winter I'd be very tempted with r1r's

Yeah see the car is only a weekend toy, borderline garage ornament to be honest, so not worried about winter tyres as it won't be out on bad days....... same with miles, I don't do many in it so that's not an issue either lol!

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Im another AD08R's fan. Find they grio very well in the dry. I found there actually ok in the wet too. They can get a little slippery but it never gets uncontrolled and they can be bought in. Plus the look cool ;)

Sod it, turinis always have and always will look good. Thats why there so popular. Will look great once you've put your ocd touch on them :)

When is the braket coming?

Sod it, turinis always have and always will look good. Thats why there so popular. Will look great once you've put your ocd touch on them :smile:

When is the braket coming?

Cheers mate, totally agreed the Turini's are a very well worn path but i'm hoping they'll look smart when freshly re-furbed and with my oem+ look i'm going for. As they are Cup wheels, i'm just hoping they are not really wide when combined together with my 16mm hubcentric spacers. Would be a shame to have to take the spacers off as it gives a good look with the standard wheels at the moment.

Regards the bracket, i'd not heard anything for a few days so I messaged Josh yesterday to ask when the next batch is being made and he said he's doing some in the next few weeks!! Hopefully he meant days but either way, i'm happy to wait as I can see the quality of the work - i'm not one to just rush in and get parts that aren't so good as I can't wait lol! Seems that I have to wait about 14 days for Demon Tweeks to get the Momo boss in anyway as it's 'special order' so it's all good.

Cheers for taking the photo of the wires, that's handy to know :up:

Clio 182
I'll be interested to see your fitment with the new wheels on a FF - I've just got a set of Turinis for mine that I'll refurb and fit AD08Rs to in spring (came with 5mm of T1Rs on them that I will kill over winter).
I like the whole OEM+ look/feel, there's something satisfying about the smaller details.

This is a good point, what's people's thoughts on the fitment? Being a FF will they be a bit wider? What i'm wondering is whether i'll still be able to use the 16mm hubcentric's with them. First clio, so first time round the block doing all this lol!

Will be really interested to see what they look like on the car, I did get them down the re-furb place today so all being well should have them back on Thursday and then can take it from there.......... when new tyres are fitted i'll trial fit one on with the hubcentric spacers as they are already on the car and if they stick out of the arch too much, can take them off

Clio 182
I'm washing the car tomorrow so will take some photos then of Cup offset wheels with no spacers on a 182FF - they've got 195 45 R15s on them but I'm sure with some professional guesstimating we'll get there!

I was on about nothing for the rears. I do think the fronts need them due to the wider wings. Your 16mm should look spot on :smile:

Ahh i'm with you, sorry, ok cool will try that and see what it looks like :up:

I'm washing the car tomorrow so will take some photos then of Cup offset wheels with no spacers on a 182FF - they've got 195 45 R15s on them but I'm sure with some professional guesstimating we'll get there!

That would be really handy, cheers for that :blush:

Clio 182
So here are some photo's from today showing 195 45 R16 Toyo T1R's on Cup fitment Turini's on a 182FF
There is more arch gap on the front than the rear, with the tape measure measurements being taken off the top of the shoulder of the tyre.
IMG_3785.JPG

Rear Gap:

IMG_3786.JPG

Front Gap:

IMG_3787.JPG

Front Quarter View:
IMG_3788.JPG

That's really interesting cheers, so as has been commented on above by Mark, the fronts could ideally do with the spacers due to the wider arches, and then leave the rears alone? From a basic way to looking at it, seems weird not having spacers all the way round but makes sense that just the front would make the gaps more equal all the way round

Clio 182
I'm personally thinking that when I'm on 205's I'll run a 5mm spacer on the back and a 16mm on the front to try and level it out. I'll keep my eyes on how yours turns out first :tongueclosed:

Haha well if all goes to plan, i'll *hopefully* be fitting on Sunday so will take some photos if I do.......... wheels were picked up from the powder coaters/re-furb place today but taken straight to my mate's garage for new tyres to be fitted in the morning so had no chance to get any photos. Will get some of the fresh 'new' wheels when I have them at home with the tyres on :cool:

What colour did you go with

Not sure on what the exact colour would be called but it's a nice and fresh silver, much 'brighter' than the very dull silver that was on the wheels when I got them. The local company I use is called Aerocote which has a strong reputation in our area for this kind of work. The guy commented that the silver they used is what the local Ford main dealer chooses for their wheels that get sent in and need a re-furb, although it won't be a Ford colour. I'm VERY pleased how they have come out!

The fresh and 'new' wheels have been wrapped in brand spanking new Michelin Pilot Sport 3's today, ideal tyres for what I use my car for, although I didn't have time to take any photos. Will try and get some tomorrow ahead of *hopefully* fitting them Sunday :up: