ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182_steve's FF 182 progress thread!

Looking again someone has fitted that inside the pipe. No idea why, maybe he likes planes or something

That was my thought! So I wasn't crazy to think that then haha it just kind of looks wedged in there doesn't it!?!? Can't see why though!! As said, to me that just looks like it would restrict air-flow rather than improve it!

The acoustic was fitted for some kind of induction noise regulations over in France iirc.

It wont be doing anything now apart from weighing maybe 1-2kg and blocking the route for a cold air feed if you ever wanted one.

That's interesting to know :up::up:

Haven't updated for a little while as to be honest, nothing has been done with the car! But today I was out and about to get the tracking checked as since I've had the car, the steering wheel has always been fractionally to the right when driving straight. No biggie! Got that done at a garage where a good friend works (as i'm very selective who works on the car!!) and it was indeed slightly out at the front on the passenger side which has given a little bit of uneven tyre wear but again, its not much at all so no need for concern. I just like things to be as perfect as they can 😂

I've also booked the car in for a service, MOT and brake fluid change at our local Renault main dealer today for the 1st September :up:

So while I was out driving, I thought it has to be photo time right? It's just so hard to capture the shine on the car 🙈 lol!

P1040560_zpstixotqrj.jpg

P1040563_zpsri39ntsi.jpg

P1040571_zps16sm1uvv.jpg

P1040570_zpsxhkq6dzq.jpg

P1040565_zpsrh05gxrb.jpg

Rolled over to another 1000 miles today, first time in well over a year going by the history;

P1040573_zpscrsosart.jpg

....... and one quick one of the sea, as it was behind me when taking those photos!

P1040569_zpsorshiyd3.jpg

Thanks for the nice comments guys :up::up:

Looks beautiful, This is the route i want to go down with my Flame red 172. What size tyres are you running on this?

The tyres on the car at the moment are 195/45/R16 but sadly they are all budgets which i'm not very happy about at all. The fact they all match is the only good thing! They were all fitted by the previous owner and have loads and loads of tread left, that's they only reason I haven't changed them..... YET!

Agreed :up: I think after the service, mot and brake fluid change next month 4 new ones will be almost next on the list. Had some Michelin Pilot Sport 3's on my old Civic Type-R and they were really good, may go for them again I think! If the car was a daily, i'd have done it already for sure!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Definatly mate. I have ado8rs and they are great for the miles I do. Tbh a bit over kill as they are more a track focused tyre, yet to get the car on track lol. But yeah decent tyres will be spot on

Thought i'd start my bank holiday Sunday with a bufty session on the Clio and was out there before 9am so perfect temperature to give the car a nice coat of wax to top up what I did a few weeks back. Same drill as before, everything has been done, lights, skirts, mirrors, even the number plates! Tried to get a few photos of the shine, has a nice glossy look going on :cool:

It's also service and MOT time Thursday morning at our local Renault dealer so hopefully it'll stay looking nice for then too :up:

28th%20August%202016%2002_zpsuhwmfagt.jpg

28th%20August%202016%2001_zpsja96keyy.jpg

28th%20August%202016%2004_zpsqmr1nvm8.jpg

MOT passed with ZERO advisories, pheww! :cool: ..... service also completed and dealer stamp in the book, nice!

I was told the mechanics were all loving it and having a good look, so that was nice hear! Makes a change working on something like that I guess, well, compared to Twingo's and Captur's anyway!

I would imagine the guy there called mick recognised it as he fitted the new cambelt kit, cam seals, water pump, tensioner and aux belt when keiron owned it ;)

No further changes to the car at the moment as I've just been enjoying it as it is...... however, took the 182 for it's first proper run in my ownership last Sunday in the shape of a 300 mile round trip to Silverstone for Trax! Was a good day and not been to that show since 2006 (10 years 🙈) but what really made it was going up there with some friends in their Clio's as well, was great fun and nice to put some proper miles on the car. Was loving I was the only one with cruise control 😂

Nice little 'rolling' shot on the way there around 7am;

Trax_zpsyn0rqz2m.jpg

Had to get a photo of the cars together at the services;

P1040625_zpsa1rus9mt.jpg

...... and finally the car at the show. Some rain on the way up there made the car not look it's best and most of the tyre shine came off lol but for the time of year, the weather was great overall :cool:

P1040629_zpsjl9elwfj.jpg

Ok, so i've gone and bought myself something for the Clio i'd all but decided I wasn't going to get........................

Wheels%20As%20Purchased%20-%2020th%20November%202016%2002_zpsj2cay2af.jpg

:grinning:

When I first got the car a set of these was almost top of the list of things I wanted to do (as you can see from my early posts in this thread), however, over time I started to get used to the standard wheels and eventually thought i'd keep them, despite never being a huge fan. A surprising amount of love for them on here though, especially as they are in silver, helped with this! BUT.......... these came up on eBay just over an hour away from where I live and at a very good price, so I couldn't resist! A friend of mine has linked me to many sets of Turinis since I bought the Clio and I've always said too far away, too expensive, haven't got the money bla bla bla but this time he got me 😂 Turned out I snapped them up only an hour after they'd been listed!

Anyway, enough waffle! The wheels................. apparently they have been re-furbed in the past but originally came off a 172 Cup. Condition is actually very good, wheel centres are all there, just a couple of chips here and there on the spokes and no major kerbing. Tyres are proper ying tong cheapies in a make I've never heard of - despite having loads of tread left, they are NOT going on the car. No problem though as I will get the wheels refurbed. They are clean yes, but not to my standard and I want them in a nice fresh and bright silver anyway. As they are, they are a duller type silver if the photos don't show this. Wheel centres are just as I want them with the Renault badges for an oem look so that's a bonus, will just need the colour matching to the wheels when done.

Wheels%20As%20Purchased%20-%2020th%20November%202016%2003_zps1yd0lptg.jpg

Wheels%20As%20Purchased%20-%2020th%20November%202016%2004_zpsp3xnfnqt.jpg

Great tyres :up::smirk:

Wheels%20As%20Purchased%20-%2020th%20November%202016%2005_zpsrl0r5rju.jpg