ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182_steve's FF 182 progress thread!

Had a nice big delivery yesterday, have purchased OMP front and rear (upper) strut braces for the Clio, although they won't get fitted for a little while as I shall wait until I get the Milltek fitted next month and have it all done at the same time. The good thing with these is that they are in a dark anthracite grey colour, not the usual OMP red you usually have on strut braces so they'll look much better in the engine bay :cool:

16th%20June%202016%2001_zpsigd5vzmm.jpg

16th%20June%202016%2002_zps8bf23zl1.jpg

This is the photo from the original advert (as don't want to open mine until they are fitted)

$_57.jpg

Me being me i'm not feeling the strut bracer web address splashed all over them so those decals will be coming off and have purchased some 'genuine' OMP logo decals to go on them for a whole £2.49 😂

Had a nice big delivery yesterday, have purchased OMP front and rear (upper) strut braces for the Clio, although they won't get fitted for a little while as I shall wait until I get the Milltek fitted next month and have it all done at the same time. The good thing with these is that they are in a dark anthracite grey colour, not the usual OMP red you usually have on strut braces so they'll look much better in the engine bay :cool:

16th%20June%202016%2001_zpsigd5vzmm.jpg

16th%20June%202016%2002_zps8bf23zl1.jpg

This is the photo from the original advert (as don't want to open mine until they are fitted)

$_57.jpg

Me being me i'm not feeling the strut bracer web address splashed all over them so those decals will be coming off and have purchased some 'genuine' OMP logo decals to go on them for a whole £2.49 😂
Strut braces are considered a weight penalty have you been doing well this year in the touring cars.

T12

ClioSport Club Member
  Monaco Clio 172
Heard something interesting last night....... at least 2 of the local Clio lads I know round here reckon the coolant in my car is the right colour, that being the pinky colour, and shouldn't be green (when I said it should have type-d in it) :confused: is there any major difference!?

Not sure what coolant you currently have in your car but when I read up on it (when planning to change mine) the general consensus from members of the club was that its best to stick with Renaults type-d coolant. I don't know the reasons behind this or whether it makes much difference, but when a 5L bottle only costs around a tenner I think a quick fluid flush with the genuine stuff can only be a good choice.

I can categorically tell you though, that Renault type-d coolant IS bright green in colour!! :smile:

Not sure what coolant you currently have in your car but when I read up on it (when planning to change mine) the general consensus from members of the club was that its best to stick with Renaults type-d coolant. I don't know the reasons behind this or whether it makes much difference, but when a 5L bottle only costs around a tenner I think a quick fluid flush with the genuine stuff can only be a good choice.

I can categorically tell you though, that Renault type-d coolant IS bright green in colour!! :smile:

Cheers for the useful information :up: yeah i'm not sure what mine is as was put in by the previous owner BUT is defo a pinky type colour. That said, the bright green type-d is what I've seen in loadsss of cars on here so I think that says a lot, I mean, in soo many cases enthusiasts with a passion for these cars can sometimes know more about them than a main dealer who sold them!!

Have been a bit quiet with updates lately as just waiting for the new exhaust to be fitted..... however.... that will all being well be early next week :smiley: so the Milltek cat-back is on order and I have a standard cat ready to go on, will also be having the front and rear upper strut braces fitted (pictured above) and I am also most likely having it re-mapped so next week should see a good few changes!

In the meantime I've bought some Powerflex exhaust hanger bushes to go on when the new exhaust goes on to keep things fresh and new, will see how these goes, hopefully won't be toooo rigid!

30th%20June%202016_zpsawp1wfgd.jpg

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
I've got some of those bushes to fit too and a new cat but my work enthusiasm seems to be spilling over to my home life and i can't be arsed to do anything that involves moving. Besides, while the car works if rather not fook about with it. Don't want to bring my exhaust home in the boot from CSF.

Yeah will be very interested to see and hear the difference, I mean it had a stainless steel exhaust on already which looked smart at the back with the slash cut tips and not sticking out of the bumper, but it was an unknown, something made up, and was a little loud for me. Getting this on with the standard cat should be :grimacing:

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Yeah I'm sure it will be nice :). I have a ktec unsilenced and decat. Love it. It's the 2.25 system so it's not I'm going deaf exhaust lol

RB Clio 182
I had a milltek when my car was N/A, great sounding exhaust, not too loud when tootling around but sounded great at 5k rpm, especially with an open cone too and the rolled tops look great imo.

I really really miss the sound of my NA 182, I think they sound so raw and loud I love them.

RB Clio 182
That's one thing I really wanted, the rolled in tips, when kept clean they look so smart and much more noticeable! With the slash cut tips on mine at the mo they are really thin if you get me!

Rolled tips not tops lol, stupid phone, yes I have gone the other way, from rolled to slash, I chose slash because I fancied something different and as you say when I polish them up they aren't as noticeable.

Rolled tips not tops lol, stupid phone, yes I have gone the other way, from rolled to slash, I chose slash because I fancied something different and as you say when I polish them up they aren't as noticeable.

Yeah I agree, the slash cut is lovely and subtle, even had a local lad recently say how smart it looks........... after i'd ordered the Milltek 🙈 BUT........ fancy me a bit of oem+ shiney shiney lol!

So as I hoped, today has seen big progress! :smile: The new Milltek exhaust is now on the car and the fit is great, they really took the time to fit it correctly, replacing a few rubbers etc that looked tired along the way and heated it a little to make it sit right etc, they know if one of the tail pipes was noticeably off centre I wouldn't be happy lol! The place I use really is superb and that's the reason I've been using them for over 10 years now and is one of the only places I trust with my cars! They even took lots of progress pics for me too which is handy for my thread!

This is the old exhaust that came off the car, no idea what it is, is it mild steel? Its not stainless anyway!

DSC_0824_zpsuzlyowx9.jpg

The Powerflex bushes I supplied went in and they commented that it's rock solid now and that the original hanger bushes were indeed knackered, I think one was even cable tied they said, so glad I got them :up:

DSC_0827_zpsdamqnnbd.jpg

Bling bling underneath now.......

DSC_0828_zpsbjlmbczi.jpg

DSC_0829_zpsldrsnhnf.jpg

They also fitted my front and rear upper strut braces and then mapped the car for me too, this was it while being done;

It's not a simple plug and play map like a Bluefin (or rstuner?) it's been tweeked specifically for my car taking into account the Milltek exhaust etc and that I use Shell V-Power fuel etc.

DSC_0840_zpsujxwizkb.jpg

When I picked it up this afternoon, I thought it would be rude not to go and take some photos of my own :cool:

P1040537_zpsl2yqouzs.jpg

P1040538_zpsebhr2c5c.jpg

P1040539_zpsga7ks8th.jpg

P1040542_zpsvc92ez2i.jpg

P1040543_zpsrhophobd.jpg

........ and the rear strut brace, looks quite 'oem+' I think with the hats still fitted lol, I also know i'm really cool having the original rear mat in the boot like that but can't get it dirty on the garage floor as i'm not using it can I!! 😂

P1040540_zpsndtvgzly.jpg

RB Clio 182
So as I hoped, today has seen big progress! :smile: The new Milltek exhaust is now on the car and the fit is great, they really took the time to fit it correctly, replacing a few rubbers etc that looked tired along the way and heated it a little to make it sit right etc, they know if one of the tail pipes was noticeably off centre I wouldn't be happy lol! The place I use really is superb and that's the reason I've been using them for over 10 years now and is one of the only places I trust with my cars! They even took lots of progress pics for me too which is handy for my thread!

This is the old exhaust that came off the car, no idea what it is, is it mild steel? Its not stainless anyway!

DSC_0824_zpsuzlyowx9.jpg

The Powerflex bushes I supplied went in and they commented that it's rock solid now and that the original hanger bushes were indeed knackered, I think one was even cable tied they said, so glad I got them :up:

DSC_0827_zpsdamqnnbd.jpg

Bling bling underneath now.......

DSC_0828_zpsbjlmbczi.jpg

DSC_0829_zpsldrsnhnf.jpg

They also fitted my front and rear upper strut braces and then mapped the car for me too, this was it while being done;

It's not a simple plug and play map like a Bluefin (or rstuner?) it's been tweeked specifically for my car taking into account the Milltek exhaust etc and that I use Shell V-Power fuel etc.

DSC_0840_zpsujxwizkb.jpg

Exhaust looks nice mate, have they got a rolling road or was it a road map where they take it for a blast up the road and tweak it accordingly?

Also be careful when you polish the tips because I polished the milltek logo off ooops.

Owww s**t cheers buddy i'll be careful of that then, would be so gutted to rub them off....... not that i'm a badge snob or anything :yum:

Yeah it was a take it up the road job to make sure all is well, no rolling road there, but i'm happy with it *so far* I mean they estimate now its like 190bhp which let's be honest is dreaming I think, if it went on the rollers now and made the 180bhp i'd be happy! For me this is more about the responsiveness and drivability over figures and in that regard, it's defo improved :up:

Thought i'd better do an up-to-date spec list, so here goes;

• 16mm hubcentric spacers
  • Cooksport springs
  • Milltek cat-back exhaust
  • Powerflex red exhaust hanger bushes
  • Re-map
  • K&N panel filter
  • OMP front upper strut brace in anthracite grey
  • OMP rear upper strut brace in anthracite grey
  • 'Snappy' restored steering wheel
  • Alpine CD player/radio
  • Audison 225w component front speakers with separate tweeters
  • Hertz Hi-Energy 140w co-axial rear speakers
  • Skinz kit (sound proofing) in both doors

Otherwise standard, keeping in with my plans to keep the car 'oem' but with a few tweeks here and there. There's probably some small bits I've left out, but that's the main spec :up:

Also, despite thinking of Turini's since day one with the car, i've changed direction now and think i'll be sticking with the standard wheels for sure! Was never a fan of the standard 182 wheels before, but they have seriously grown on me since getting the car, maybe helped by the spacers which help give off a good look!

So I was on the internet the other night, as you do, and this happened 🙈😂

Since the Milltek exhaust was fitted I've been loving the quiet.... it's what I wanted.... but the car is almost too quiet now! So after seeing (and hearing!) a friend's 172 with a fatty set-up, I thought i'd give this kit a go to free up the air flow a bit and give the car a bit more noise when I push the loud pedal. Never been a huge fan of cones due to heat soak etc but we'll see what happens, i'll be keeping the air-box and almost brand new K&N panel filter so can always swap back. Hopefully get it all fitted tomorrow all being well!

Anyone had any experience with these?

20th%20July%202016_zpsk1i8bnpd.jpg

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Absolutely Steve. Mine feels better after the map, not breathtaking performance but smoother across the Rev range. Did you not fancy the fatty kit?

Yeah that's what I think with mine, it's not about a huge bhp gain but more about feeling smoother etc......... although interestingly, I thought it would take out the 5k kick, but peak power still seems to be 5k+

The fatty kit is just a more 'diy' version of the k-tec isn't it? My mate's set-up looks great though so don't mean that in a negative way, I just fancied this one as when reading on their website, sounded just what I wanted :up::up:

I got the KTR induction kit fitted today and wow, certainly adds a bit of noise which is what I wanted and sounds pretty naughty after 5k revs, BUT it's not over the top......... great quality kit, you get what you pay for as they say, all the brackets and fittings were included and all went together well. When driving feels even more responsive now :up:

P1040555_zpsezdobpiy.jpg

P1040557_zpsh3n6klpq.jpg

P1040558_zps7fkswtmh.jpg

When you look at the standard parts that come off the car, you can see why it feels a bit restricted with the air-box on and why it feels more responsive now, look at this!! I know it's obviously there for a reason but your loosing a fair it of air-flow there........

P1040552_zpshnaeacf1.jpg

RB Clio 182
Kit looks great mate but wow I dont remember seeing all that inside the standard 90 degree bend, im assuming thats what it is?

Have you removed the acoustic valve from behind the passenger front arch liner? You might be able to fit an air feed down there leading up to your filter if you do :)

Kit looks great mate but wow I dont remember seeing all that inside the standard 90 degree bend, im assuming thats what it is?

Have you removed the acoustic valve from behind the passenger front arch liner? You might be able to fit an air feed down there leading up to your filter if you do :smile:

I couldn't believe it when I saw that, BUT does it look like it's just been wedged in there!? Who knows, but yes that's the standard bend that the breather comes off

Not done that with the acoustic valve, that's a new one on me! Worth doing?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Looking again someone has fitted that inside the pipe. No idea why, maybe he likes planes or something

Was the first analogy lol

RB Clio 182
I couldn't believe it when I saw that, BUT does it look like it's just been wedged in there!? Who knows, but yes that's the standard bend that the breather comes off

Not done that with the acoustic valve, that's a new one on me! Worth doing?

The acoustic was fitted for some kind of induction noise regulations over in France iirc.

It wont be doing anything now apart from weighing maybe 1-2kg and blocking the route for a cold air feed if you ever wanted one.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Or sharks?
Or the thing where you have to wear gloves and put your hand through a hole in a glass jar