ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ghm's LY 182

2 years since I let the AB 182 go and still couldn't get the thrills of these wee things out of my head! Was on the hunt for another 182 for a while to be honest, but really waiting on the right one to come up as I have a Leon FR as a main car anyway. Luckily made contact with Dan a fellow CS'er and made the long trip from Scotland to Wales on Saturday to collect this truely immaculate LY 182:

View attachment 24654138289_18acc09ffe_c.jpg

View attachment 24903738132_8768c8ccbe_c.jpg

The interior is literally spotless and don't get me started on how clean the engine bay is - seriously can't rate how highly Dan looked after the car. Once I get the chance, more pictures will follow of the interior, bay and the current mods on the car. I have a few things in mind to make it my own: front splitter, private reg and possibly look at colour coded bullets as well.

More to come.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Lovely car in a gorgeous colour, looks great.

Really not a fan of the standard 182 wheels though. The colour is good, it just needs something a bit more racy to finish it off :)

Thanks mate, absolutely yes - thinking darker alloys as they work so well on these to give it that more of an aggressive look. That's also on the to do list (payday cant come quick enough.)

What a shed! Ha ha[emoji41]
Thanks for the kind words.[emoji106] I will miss the car greatly.... Does offer comfort knowing it's in good hands and I can't wait to see what you do with it!

Glad you got home safe and was a pleasure to meet you. Hopefully catch up with you at a CS festival in the near future [emoji106]
Will follow the thread closely.

Nice avatar pic. Looks good

Reactions: Ghm

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
2 years since I let the AB 182 go and still couldn't get the thrills of these wee things out of my head! Was on the hunt for another 182 for a while to be honest, but really waiting on the right one to come up as I have a Leon FR as a main car anyway. Luckily made contact with Dan a fellow CS'er and made the long trip from Scotland to Wales on Saturday to collect this truely immaculate LY 182:

24654138289_18acc09ffe_c.jpg

24903738132_8768c8ccbe_c.jpg

The interior is literally spotless and don't get me started on how clean the engine bay is - seriously can't rate how highly Dan looked after the car. Once I get the chance, more pictures will follow of the interior, bay and the current mods on the car. I have a few things in mind to make it my own: front splitter, private reg and possibly look at colour coded bullets as well.

More to come.

Stunning !! KEEP IT STD AS POSS

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
That is loveLY

What size spacers are on the front as wheel's fit great in the arches.

Thanks everyone, don't want to change too much as its more or less A++ at the moment - just a few subtle changes here and there. @LiquidYellDan - :smile: the looks on the way to and from work from all ages just puts a smile on my face, just such a beautiful colour. Your ava pick isn't too shabby either :up: and the drive as you can imagine was second to none.

Posted on the CSOC page on Facebook and that is where Jonathan saw, he even posted a picture of the car when it was in his possession:

24685349289_43fa1862c0_c.jpg

That is loveLY

What size spacers are on the front as wheel's fit great in the arches.

Dan will know for sure but, they are Mylan Designs spacers that I do know but heres a link to his project thread.

I think anthracite Turinis would finish it off nicely. Certainly nothing darker.

It looks great as it is tbh!

Turini's are a call alright, might be on the cards in the future! But good news first part has already arrived in the post for the clio. Just need to wait a little while longer to fit these:

24447106083_e65ae9a3c6_c.jpg

If they look a little too big at the front, i'll look into the 3/4 plates instead and have these at the ready should the 5-0 get interested.

Just thought I would add a wee picture I got today when the raid stopped for a minute of the LY and the Leon together.[emoji14]
25043640781_99c0a588b6_c.jpg
My baby [emoji20] lol. Hope your enjoying the car mate. I bought my replacement for the Clio today. Travelled 2hour 40 to Oxford to get it. Lol. Ah well, it's a nice one. You like a bit of VAG, so you'll probably like this
b2f579cd01717b1d75b14f60ba8d0748.jpg

Going to get a touran bumper, or maybe colour code standard one. Nice though. Like it

Any other parts on order yet? [emoji4]

My baby [emoji20] lol. Hope your enjoying the car mate. I bought my replacement for the Clio today. Travelled 2hour 40 to Oxford to get it. Lol. Ah well, it's a nice one. You like a bit of VAG, so you'll probably like this
b2f579cd01717b1d75b14f60ba8d0748.jpg

Going to get a touran bumper, or maybe colour code standard one. Nice though. Like it

Any other parts on order yet? [emoji4]

Ahh can't beat a bit of VAG boost now and again eh but what a beauty Dan, that is actually stunning. I'm sure you will turn it into something even more desirable! Would love to see it colour coded at the front along with maybe the plastic down the sides?

Nothing else ordered on the parts front yet, you pretty much had it looking as I like - not really sure what to add! Just itching to get the private plates on. :p

Just noticed a little typo on my last comment, rain* not raid lol.

Thats stunning that.

RB and LY pull off the standard wheels so so well! Don't change them!

Cheers Danny - nope you're 100% right I did contemplate Turini's today but think I will settle for a refurb of the standard wheels in a slightly darker anthracite like the last 182.

Cheers guys, yup hopefully get her in for wheels refurb within a fortnight or so - going for the darker anthracite like we mentioned before.
Haha I know the feeling all too well Dan, come home from work - most important thing was not hello but is the logbook here yet?