ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 wheels etc

Octy vRS & Ninja 650

Sorry if this has been covered before,but has anyone modded any 182s cosmetically at all on here, ie any after market wheels, and if so can wheels from off a 172 fit straight onto a 182? is the offset different or anything? I dont think ive seen any 182s with different wheels on yet,and was wanderin if i was to buy one if my dare v2s would fit on it?

Any pics welcome!

Cheers, Mike

as far as i know the 182 has the same offset as a 172 so sayign that if your dares came from a 172 they should be fine...

someones got a mint 182 with buckets, stripped out etc im sure someone can find a pic for you, it was in a thread quite recently.

Octy vRS & Ninja 650

cheers matey, car does look good, but for some reason i do remember someone saying i might not be able to fit them?

Anyone know for definate?

Mike

ST

Quote: Originally posted by badinvincible on 10 May 2005

cli0 172 has a Mk2 172 and has had Mk2 172 wheels, 182 wheels and 17" Dare V2s on at various points in its life, so I would say yes.
Yeah thats coz hes a bloody wheel sl*g! lol

Octy vRS & Ninja 650

Cheers for that, so from this, would u think 3mm would make much diferance really? Should be alright, I think!

Wheel offsets:

Clio 182 45
Clio 16v (phase 1 and 2) : 36
Clio Mk1 (excl. 16v & williams) : 37
Clio 172 Mk1 : 43
Clio 172 Mk2 : 48
Clio 172 Cup : 38.5
Clio v6 Mk1 (rear) : 55

The suspension is wider track on the 182 (with cup pack) so im not sure if "only" 3mm will cause an issue or not. id be inclined to sell them and get something different. Or if you keep them get them refurbed in anthracite would look different.

Octy vRS & Ninja 650

Quote: Originally posted by Loony on 31 May 2005

The suspension is wider track on the 182 (with cup pack) so im not sure if "only" 3mm will cause an issue or not. id be inclined to sell them and get something different. Or if you keep them get them refurbed in anthracite would look different.
I know youd be inclined to sell them when you got a 182, Cus u sold them to me you tart! ;)

i was going to get some different wheels anyway as Dares were becomig more common and there are a couple of cheap copies about now too. But after driving the 172 about with the 16s on i decided i prefered the way it drove so hence my suggestion to move them on ;)