ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 lumpy idle, lost all power and wouldnt start :S

hey guys, ill start with saying i have search and can see that the problem is typical coilpack, lambda sensor, TDC sensor or something along those lines, however no threads that i have found are exactly the same as what i experienced so thought it was worth a quick post incase somebody can norrow my options, i dont want to start buying expensive parts to find out its not the problem :) so here goes

i have recently de-cated my 182, i say recently, it was around 2 months ago and i have had no problems since, (no lights on the dash either), about 2 weeks ago i started having trouble starting the car when it was cold, first turn of the key would just die, then it would turn over for about 10seconds before firing, this would only happen on the first start of the day, i then left the car for just over a week while i went on holiday and when i got back i had no problem starting it, i thought typical french, break then fix yourself so i was happy.

now, today i took it for a blast around the black mountains, after about 20mins of thrashing i lifted off for a corner, put my foot back on the throttle and nothing was there, it just spluttered, it was like it was trying to rev but couldnt, i dropped a gear and the same thing happened, if i applied light pressure to the pedal i could get some pull but very light, i managed to pull over and it cut out, tried turning the engine over but it wouldnt fire, after about 15 seconds i stopped, opened the door and got a strong smell of fuel, waited about 20 seconds, tried again and after about 10seconds the engine started, reved a little then cut out, i tried the same thing again and it started after a while, i kept the revs up and managed to nurse the car off the mountains, got into the town and all was well, i could rev it and drive normally.

hopefully somebody will be able to pin point the exact problem so i dont need to start changing every possible problem component, which would be difficult as the engine is fine at the moment, i got home, reved it up and all is normal, ohh except it does run a little lumpy.

thanks

just started the car this morning to see how it would run, its a pretty cold morning but it started straight away, spluttered for about 5-10 seconds as if it was missing then settled down and run fine, so it seems like it was missing until something warmed up? maybe spark plugs?