ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 hit a pheasant

Shhh

I hit a pheasent on the road the other day, its cracked me bumper and damaged some plastic undertray behind the bumper / under the car. The crack is on the bottom bit on the front above the splitter..

I was not speeding, i was doing 60 in a 60, came round and nothing i could do about the damn bird.

Anyone know of any garages in the north west than can paint a Racing Blue Bumper and repair the car, i dont want to ring me insurance company. Its not major but enough to cause renault to panic next time it goes in for work.

Can the bumper be repaired and placed, how much u think im looking for total fitment etc..

Taa..

Alias

Da

Less

Gutted for ya mate :cry:

As for bodyshops in NorthWest I use one in Skipton, North Yorkshire if thats any good to you? Let me know and Ill dig out phone number etc for ya... ;)

Quote: Originally posted by AliasOmega on 18 March 2005

I hit a pheasent on the road the other day, its cracked me bumper and damaged some plastic undertray behind the bumper / under the car. The crack is on the bottom bit on the front above the splitter..
I did this 2 years running. The first one went right through the lower grill and bent the radiator (bird was stuck in there for 20 miles til I got home :eek:), the 2nd one that I hit a year later in my Cup cracked the bumper below the radiator.

I feel gutted for you mate.

Audi RS4

really gutted for ya mate,I did similar damage to my front bumper,had it repaired at PREMIER COACHWORKS-really good price,good service.in HUddersfield.

Elise/VX220/R26

they are the stupidest bird going, we get them a lot near our offces, they see the van coming at them and panic and run into your path, thickos!

133/225/CLS AMG

Ive heard that Pheasants tend to run in front of cars instead of out of the way. Bloody f-ing things.

hope you get it sorted though mate.

The plastic bit under the car (left or right part rather than the central cover which is also part of the wheel arch liner) - it costs about 25 quid for a part and 10 minutes to fit. Do it as at about 80 mph the difference in air pressure forces it on to the road! It then gets eaten by the tarmac slowly - you can only hear it when you slow to 50 or so when it sounds like thers a gale blowing.

How do I know.......cos It just happened to me.

Shhh

Ill take a picture to show you all, its the centre bit that covers the bottom of the engine. The left and right i think are ok.

The pheasant had no-where to go once i hit it, it bounced off me bumper then went under it, so thats how its snapped it off. Did think about running me wheel over it..but i aimed for middle as i thought it would be better. Funny thing was that i carried on till i got home before checking the car. The temp was ok so no major worries...

Ill run it into renault for them to moan at it, but i cant see it costing too little.

How much for a bumper and it to be re-sprayed?

Megane R26

Gutted! I hit a cat about a month ago, cracked my splitter & a small crack in my bumper. just ordered a new splitter & going to a private bodyshop place to have the bumper fixed - didnt even bother seeing how much it would cost at renault!

Quote: Originally posted by AliasOmega on 18 March 2005

How much for a bumper and it to be re-sprayed?
depends if the bumper need replaced or not mate. Uour looking at about £80 - 100 to get it painted. See if you can get your bumper fixed if its only cracked.

I was speaking to my mate last night and he had to put a new bumber on his 172 last year. He managed to get it for £80 from Reno including lower grill and fog lamp surrounds. This was at cost + VAT from parts. If you are local to Central Scotland I could maybe get one at this price.

Shhh

The problem i have is that the car is Racing Blue and not really any colour you can get just off the shelf.

Ill ring about during the next few days to see what i can get. I think im probably better waiting for someone to smash into the front of me.

Focus ST3 + proper Mini

noticed the other day that Ive smashed my left hand side under tray bit. Think it may of been a rabbit that decided to end its life in front of me the other week.

Hope you get yours sorted out.

Quote: Originally posted by AliasOmega on 20 March 2005

The problem i have is that the car is Racing Blue and not really any colour you can get just off the shelf.
The bumper comes un painted anyway.

Shhh

I guessed that, i imagined someone recommending me to goto the scrap yard to source the colour but its very rare. Ive no idea on fitting it myself, so i think its a major job as wont some of the engine have to come out.?

172 ph1 ASBO SLAYER

eka was driving the 172 bout 6 months ago, a suicidal badger ran out in front of the car, result; front bumper, rad, air con rad, brake pipes, under tray and a bent front crossmember. bloody animals!

Focus ST3 + proper Mini

Quote: Originally posted by Jason C on 18 March 2005

The plastic bit under the car (left or right part rather than the central cover which is also part of the wheel arch liner) - it costs about 25 quid for a part and 10 minutes to fit. Do it as at about 80 mph the difference in air pressure forces it on to the road! It then gets eaten by the tarmac slowly - you can only hear it when you slow to 50 or so when it sounds like thers a gale blowing.

How do I know.......cos It just happened to me.

Just been on to Renault about the L/H side of this tray. £28 for the part or £97 fitted!!!

I ran a duck over on the way to pod yesterday. My bumper survived but cracked the undertray.

Really thought it would fly out the way but it just sat there lol