ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Exhaust

Im in South Africa and we dont get many Clio Sport extras or modifications here, they just arent available and theyre extremely expensive to import. Im going to be putting a full exhause system on my 182. What diameter pipe have you found to be best, a couple of guys here are using 63mm piping. Also when you talk about a decat, do you mean completely removing the cat and putting the sensor back into the new pipe or is there a different kind of cat that you use. Remember we have no emision control in place in South Africa so legally I do not need a catalytic converter. Also what kind of power boost can I expect? Possibly 10 - 15 %?

[Edited by Bryan182 on 05 August 2005 at 9:53am]

63mm pipework would be a good bore to have. As for decat yes it means complete removal of the cat. some people have a silencer put in in place to keep noise levels down but personally i like loud so would just have a straight through pipe put in.

I had a 1.4 16v befor the 182 and after decating it there was an 11% increse on the dyno, so Im expecting an increase to about 195 - 200 BHP, Ill let you know when its done. I know our altitude differs from yours but we run at a max of 95 octane where I shoud be using 98.

Ill be one with the silencers as I have a baby and dont want the constant drone, but if I was the only one in it Id agree, the louder the better.

Thanks for the comment Loony.

Quote: Originally posted by Bryan182 on 05 August 2005
<FONT face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" color=black size=2>I had a 1.4 16v befor the 182 and after decating it there was an 11% increse on the dyno, so Im expecting an increase to about 195 - 200 BHP, Ill let you know when its done. I know our altitude differs from yours but we run at a max of 95 octane where I shoud be using 98.Ill be one with the silencers as I have a baby and dont want the constant drone, but if I was the only one in it Id agree, the louder the better. Thanks for the comment Loony.

trust us you wont get that much of an increase both me and loony had the supersprint exhaust (one of the best) and we dindt get that much altho you geat a much betetr ammount than most exhausts

I had a 1.4 16v befor the 182 and after decating it there was an 11% increse on the dyno, so Im expecting an increase to about 195 - 200 BHP, Ill let you know when its done. I know our altitude differs from yours but we run at a max of 95 octane where I shoud be using 98.

Ill be one with the silencers as I have a baby and dont want the constant drone, but if I was the only one in it Id agree, the louder the better.

Thanks for the comment Loony.

You will need to spend almost £2500s to get 198-200bhp

Just a £250 exhaust will NOT even give you 185bhp

<FONT face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" color=black size=2>I had a 1.4 16v befor the 182 and after decating it there was an 11% increse on the dyno, so Im expecting an increase to about 195 - 200 BHP, Ill let you know when its done. I know our altitude differs from yours but we run at a max of 95 octane where I shoud be using 98.Ill be one with the silencers as I have a baby and dont want the constant drone, but if I was the only one in it Id agree, the louder the better. Thanks for the comment Loony.

You wont get more than about 180 from an exhaust the cams alone limit the car with he normal manifold to under 200hp. Stock the engine is mapped to make 166hp. So trying to get 190 will be difiuclt.

Not just the cams but the throttle body is apprently very restrictive. Either way dont expect big gains from an exhaust alone. It will make the car freer revving but the performance gain will be minimal.

Put it this way:

My dads 182 with;

3.25" exhaust system, silenced decat, piper cams, matched manifolds, ITG maxogen and SMT6 piggyback ecu made 196bhp.

Thanks for the reply guys, its interesting to hear all the facts. Ill do the exhaust, we have a brand here called "Viper Performance" and its rated one of the best in the country? I see a lot of the systems on the pics are 304SS exhausts, the guys here seem to have a fettishover 316L, its seriously overkill.

Quick question, what is your experience with the stock branches?

People here have told me not to even try change them as they are one of the best theyve seen. It would be good to get some input from people that have a much bigger selection of modifications available.

To put it into context, Ive had the 182 for close on a year and people still turn their heads faster than I can get past them. The sport is not a very common car here. In the year Ive seen 3 others. The best is that its seriously under rated, I love taking on a beemer or a GTI (110Kw). Im sure that our cars differ from yours a lot, so Im not sure which ou guys know.