ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 suspension geometry

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer

Having new suspension (Koni/Eibach spotlines) fitted in the next couple of weeks can anyone advise on suspension geometry. Will be getting camber correction bolts so Camber can be adjusted.

I hear 2deg neg on the front (rear not adjustable) ??

Any advise / experience welcome.

Thanks

[Edited by EVOgone on 28 July 2005 at 1:45pm]

182>FRS>VX220 now 350Z

Hi mate, i run 1.3 neg camber using the H&R bolts...i think 2 degrees may be a little excessive for a road car, try around 1.5. Camber really does affect handling on the road, mine feels a little twitchy as a result and straight line traction/braking is reduced but not particularly noticable on mine. However, on track the car feels awesome...camber brings much improved grip levels in this environment. Rear can be shimmed in order to adjust the camber.

Im thinking about taking mine to northampton motorsport to get it properly set-up as i wasnt too confident in kwik fits ability :-( Want to have it corner weighted and my coilys set-up properly as im getting a bit of bump steer at the moment also.

Quote: Originally posted by EVOgone on 28 July 2005

I hear 2deg neg on the front (rear not adjustable) ??
Any advise / experience welcome.
BenR can have spacers made up to adjust the camber at the back.

Road car i wouldnt go too crazy with the camber, 1-1.5 deg max....makes things very twitchy over bumpy roads.

Only problem is you cant alter the important stuff like castor/trail or rear end toe without extensive mods.