ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Mk1 Pic Request

Hi people,

I have just got myself a mk1 172. It is boggo at the moment, wasn't planning on doing anything at first but now am thinking a subtle lowering and maybe mk2 172 wheels.

Can people post there pics of there mk1 172 to give me an idea of what works and what doesn't mod wise, also gives you lot a chance to show off ya pride and joy!

Cheers peeps

Monaco Blue Mk2
Nice subtle things to do are lowering 40-60mm. Mk2 172 rear bumper. Cup Spoiler. Colour code side strips and door handles. Mk2 Ph2 Rear Lights. Cup Splitter. Take your pick!
I personally like Mk1 172 wheels and wouldn't bother with Mk2 wheels. Turinis off the 172 cup do look nice and are popular. Could be individual and go for some 'different' wheels though.

Blue4Ever said:
Nice subtle things to do are lowering 40-60mm. Mk2 172 rear bumper. Cup Spoiler. Colour code side strips and door handles. Mk2 Ph2 Rear Lights. Cup Splitter. Take your pick!
I personally like Mk1 172 wheels and wouldn't bother with Mk2 wheels. Turinis off the 172 cup do look nice and are popular. Could be individual and go for some 'different' wheels though.

Yup don't bother with the Turini's.
16" OZ F1's all the way!

nf001.jpg

nf002.jpg

nf003.jpg

Civic Type-R
Here is mine :) Got phase 2 bumpstrips, cup spoiler, phase 2 lights, colour coded and silvervisions :) also some interior things. Gives you an idea of what can be done:

1dm3.jpg

5zs8.jpg

p7160230xe1.jpg

p7160238ey8.jpg

Golf R/Leon FR
here's mine

lowered 40mm on apex's, silvervisions, ph-quick stickers, cup splitter, flame red 2.0ltr badges and renault badge, decat, magnex 3.52 cat-back exhaust system, colour coded mk ph2 sidestrips. :)

DSC00482.jpg

DSC00457.jpg

DSC00449.jpg

Clio 197
RacerStu said:
Here is mine :) Got phase 2 bumpstrips, cup spoiler, phase 2 lights, colour coded and silvervisions :) also some interior things. Gives you an idea of what can be done:

1dm3.jpg

5zs8.jpg

p7160230xe1.jpg

p7160238ey8.jpg

love your car:approve:

cheers guys.

I think the 172 phase one wheels let the car down. Look like they need to be an inch bigger.

Can some1 explain what "ph-quick" is all about. Been away from the game for a while and aint got a clue what its all about.

Monaco Blue Mk2
Just a cliosport joke as the phase one 172 is arguably the better drive/slightly quicker drive due to cable throttle and smaller wheels. Someone (maybe fUbAr) started to use the phrase as a joke to annoy phase two owners and it's stuck!

Ph1 V6
Where do people get their Phase 2 rubstrips from? Been keeping an eye on here and eBay etc but not seen any up for sale.

RS Clio 172 Ph1
That looks well nice - like that little Retech Sticker on the bonnet - how do you go about getting one

Day said:
Yup don't bother with the Turini's.
16" OZ F1's all the way!

nf001.jpg

nf002.jpg

nf003.jpg

M

M7CUO_V6

RacerStu said:

1dm3.jpg

5zs8.jpg

p7160230xe1.jpg

p7160238ey8.jpg

Thats not standard rear spoiler is it?