ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 front end parts

Hello all, im new here and very impressed by the site! :)

I was hoping for some help with a Clio I have in mind..

2 years ago I was lucky enough to have borrow a 172 for a couple of hours. Suffice to say, its been my drea, ever since to get one of my own..

I have found a crash damaged one for sale that needs engine work (snapped cambelt) and front end parts. It needs a new bonnet, 2 wings, front bumper, grille, repair to front panel and head lamps. The airbags are okay. The labour is not a problem as I have a very good body shop, the thing that concerns me is the parts pricing. Id need two new Xenon lamps and all the starters, amplifiers, levellers etc to go with them. How much would all this come to, beating in mind id be using second hand parts? Also, the valves will need replacing in the engine, is it a big deal getting hold of them?

It may be the case that the car might not be worth repairing and I should spend slighly more on a less damaged one? I hope not as I do like the car I have seen

Any advice on this subject would be much appreciated.

o

mines up for 7999 :) mk2 172 nowt wrong with it etc etc much better than buying one thats been smashed as the resale will be sh*te

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

Quote: Originally posted by davebem on 05 August 2004

Ive seen the xenon lights for 172s on ebay.
me2 but even with them u wouldnt believe how hard it is to fit them to a non xenon clio. however i spose if u were just replacing dasmaged partrs would b sweet

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

I think Jay calculated it all up, from new your probably looking at about £2000 for all the bits.. obviously if you can get em 2nd hand then you could save quite a bit of cash.

2 k wont be for an entire front end + top end of engine tho and all the other bits id have thought the bags would have gone off too

I was surprised that the bags had not gone off too, but thats a good thing as they are very expensive to replace im sure!

The economics are getting tricky as I have found two rear damaged clios, one a cup one a 172 that are around 5k but less damaged..

o :)

all of them r fine supposidly.

I want it but it makes no sense im sure, ive seen an early yellow 172 for 5.5k in the trader recently too...

Titanium 182

dont do it mate

not worth it

fair play if the engine worked but id give it a miss it will be more stress than its worth 2

Mk2 Golf GTI

you will probably see mk1s for arounf that now. How much is the crashed car going for?

crashed car going for 3.1k. its at http://www.tsasalvage.comwww.tsasalvage.com

Seen a later shape 172 with a dent in the bonnet for 6.5k, 02 reg. Tempted by that but still a lot of lolly, the most ive ever spent on a car is 3.5k!

o :)

Mondeo STTDCI

Get a decent used one. Even a high miler will still be a good motor esp if motorway miles.

The stigmaof crashed and repaired will always be there and I dont know about anyone else but any car that I have had major damage on...didnt feel "right" after the repair.