ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 exhaust change

LY182/NHB CTR

Thought i would just say hi to you all.... just joined up and im hoping to pick all your brains on a few things..

one of which being.. Im looking into changing my exhaust as Renault are known for there rusty exhaust and was wondering if any of you have any good ideas links or experience in the matter.. i was thinking of the sports cat converter and stealth exhaust system on k-tec

anyway advice would be greatly received thanks :)

hi an welcome mate:)

i have a custom full exhausts system + decat an im very pleased! but its quit loud!

i can always sort an after market exhaust out for you at a good price if u PM me what u like as there is Magnex,Mongoose,Scorpion + i can supply you with pics if u PM me ur Email-

thats if u dont go for k-tec!

welcome to cliosport tho mate.....

some of us have had bad experiences with the quality of k-tec products, there are plenty of posts with regards to this if you want to do the research

id personally stick with a brand like magnex or scorpion, of which i know are very good products

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172

Quote: Originally posted by Day on 03 May 2005
Why not visit Prospeed like everyone else ;)

Or you could go Hayward&scott! Depends which end of the country you live i suppose.
We have a group buy running at the moment-pm sent.

Mercedes AMG GLE 53

Mike is that a twin 3.5" ?

Cos am thinking of getting but am worried it will look too big and boy racerish.

Dave

Renault Laguna Coupe

yup, just order one from Demon Tweeks, and with the CS discount you effectively get it fitted for free.

LY182/NHB CTR

Thanks for all the advice, taking it all on board and you have opened up some new ideas, I wasnt thinking of having my exhaust on show in fear it would draw attention, and like Dave said worried it will look too big and boy racerish.. however i must admit Mike and Day those pics look very good, whats the clearance like as we have those bloody road bumps near me?...

I live in Cardiff, Wales however dont mind travelling brought my baby from Southampton and whats a car for if not to drive!!

thanks all, Lynda

Welcome to Cliosport Lynda :D

Ive not hit anything with my exhuast *yet*, had a few close shaves but if you hit the bumps at the right angle all is fine!

With Prospeed on your doorstep Id take a look and see what they can do for you.

Quote: Originally posted by Evandim* on 04 May 2005

whats the clearance like as we have those bloody road bumps near me?...

Prospeed gets my vote too.

The other advantage of this over a Magnex, Scorpion etc is that it is custom fitted to the car so is nice and tight to the underside and gives you loads of clearance over speed humps. A big consideration if you live in a city or your car is lowered.

Quote: Originally posted by Evandim* on 04 May 2005

I live in Cardiff, Wales however dont mind travelling brought my baby from Southampton and whats a car for if not to drive!!

Loads of people on here have driven hundreds of miles to have Charlie fit an exhaust for them and not been disappointed. You would be mad not to at least go see his set up & have a chat ;)

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355

Welcome to the forum Lynda. Id certainly advise a trip to Pro-Speed if you live in Cardif.

Heres and example of their work on my 172:

http://crowspeed.net/photos/exhaust/exhaust2.jpg

Not expensive either, in fact it cost less than the prices above for the Magnex system. If you did still want a stealth system, they can do that for you.