ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup, Knocking noise

A4 Avant & A3
Have any of you guys had this problem,

When reversing off of my drive, turning the wheels to the right, as i drop off the lowered curb of my drive (which is about an inch if that!) i get a knocking noise coming from around the front drivers side wheel area??
It only does this while moving off of the drive & have never heard it any other time.

I've rang to book it in, when i said about the noise, Mr Renault said he'd call me back & their mechanics seem to think it could be a hose/ pipe hitting the sump or something? (sounds a little more major than that to me, as it is quite a dodgy sounding pretty loud noise) thank god it's under warranty hey.

Any of you lot had this, as the way he said it sounded like it was a common problem (not that he'd admit it when i asked mind yuo :)