ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172/182/cup vs Vauxhall Astra VXR

Engles Mummy

Lucky for me I live in the Country side!

Sorry, I wouldnt see he was a "friend" as such. I have known him for a very long time, he has a good heart; just "mummy & daddy" have given him a major floor.

At the moment I have a Clio 1.2 16v, He has an Mg 1.4 ZR. On the straights he always leaves me for dead, but on the country roads he can’t get away from me and depending on the weather I normally get a bit of distance in front.

Will be interesting to see what happens when we both upgrade. We both come from low powered cars, and then we are stepping up to high powered cars.

Adam

Corsa VXR will use a 1.6 turbo developed in partnership with Fiat, producing between 170 and 180bhp with the car chassis being fine tunned by lotus. New Punto GT will also share the same engine tunned to produce between 180 and 190bhp and uses the same chassis as the corsa though will not benifit from lotus tinkering, but maybe abarths. A works style Punto GT is also remoured with a power hike of up 2 30bhp.

These are the cars that the Clio will be going up against.

Mini Cooper S sport

Hmm I hope the new RS Clio will have some serious power then...it cant be beaten by Puntos and Corsas!

Massey6465 & saxo1.1

Quote: Originally posted by MarkCup on 10 July 2005

Can you drive?

Can he drive?

Thats what it comes down to in the real world.
Thats it!I have a mate whos dad got him a Focus RS,he cant drive it to save his life-its got the Bluefin chip on it & he cant even lose me! LoL We got passed by a CTR the other night in it aswell. At the end of the day your car is yours & his is his dads!

E91 M Sport

Quote: Originally posted by MarkCup on 10 July 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Adamf on 10 July 2005

Buy an Evo 2 for £5k or an M3 for 8k and wipe the floor with his rep mobile.;)
OT I know, but an £8k M3 wouldnt wipe the floor with it.
3 seconds quicker to 100 - not insignificant :D

(But VXR would almost certainly corner better, if both were stock)

Elise/VX220/R26

I rekon if the corsa VXR and punto are turbocharged renault have no option but to turbocharge the new clio. Fair enough it might have 200bhp with the new n/a lump but bang a chip on the corsa/punto your good for 215 or so

Focus ST3

Personally I think that the astra looks sh*te, whilst everyone goes on about bhp, what will be the actual bhp/tonne/ lbft/tonne surely that will be similar to an RS clio?

Its brilliant looking and the power to weight is impressive, actually.

Like I said, the comparison should be Corsa, not Astra or you may as well compare Vectra 2.8 turbo VXR with the Clio.