Finally got some work done on this yesterday. I've pretty much just looked at it for the past 2 weeks because I lost all motivation when I realised how much more there was too it.
I started off trying to get it going and I knew it was a fueling issue so I checked there was a feed at the fuel pump. There was! So next I tried to remove the fuel pump and its bracket... Not a chance, it won't come off. All of the bolts are rusted together and there is no sign of any threads left on the bolts thats hold it on. Im going to have to cut it off.
I wanted to drain the tank to see if there was anything left in it and to get any s**t out. I had to cut the big pipe to the fuel pump because the hose clip is that rusted it won't turn. The colour of the fuel that came out was a murky brown and it looked like toilet water after a nasty curry.
Realising I couldn't do any more to get it running (couldn't get a pump and don't have a hacksaw at home), I thought I may as well get started on the front end. I was originally just going to fit the poly bush bottom arms to it.
Half way through doing the bottom arm I realised I may aswell just lower it and fit the poly bush top mounts to it. So I cracked on and fitted the springs... I know why it failed on it's MOT for the lowering springs. The springs are that short that when you jack it up they fall out of the cups. It may settle down before it's MOT. I wasn't going to bother fitting the polybush ARB bushes because I couldn't be bothered. I had a change of heart, thought f**k it may aswell while my hands are dirty!
The lad I bought it off came down with the bonnet catch so I fitted that and I started fitting the O/S indicator and headlight. I couldn't work out how the bottom adjuster on the headlight is meant to stay tight so I gave up.
All in all a productive day. Basically polybushed the whole front end and lowered it. Shame that the fuel pump won't come off because I'd like to hear it going without having to tip fuel in the inlet.
Pics to follow.