Thought I'd set about the cup and finally turn it into the track car it wants to be.
Already fitted is:
1) Ferodo DS2500 pads front and rear
2) Brembo Max fron discs
3) Pipercross Viper
4) KTR Stainless Stealth
My 'to do' list is as follows:
1) Strip it out (rear seats and carpet)
2) Fit new buckets and harnesses (Cobra evolution and a Corbeau recliner)
3) Fit refurbed front brake calipers and Pagid blue pads
4) Fit Clio 182 exhaust manifold and 182 to 172 link pipe
5) Get ECU remapped for manifold, decat and Viper iduction kit
5) Fit new vibratechnics engine mounts - Done
6) Fit new polybushed dogbone mount - Done
7) Fit new AST top mounts (From Kam group buy)
8) Fit new Coilovers (Not sure on which one but will probably be B14's from Kam Racing)
9) Ket the coilies profesioanlly set up with Camber bolts and top mounts fitted
The list will go on but that is the immediate items on the agenda.
A pic of the top engine mount:
Forgot to take one of the upper gearbox one as I was that happy when I got it on and cracked on with building it back up.
I must admit, after fitting the engine mounts I dont know how anyone could use these mounts on a road car. The vibrations through the car is unbelievable. There is virtually no engine movement now. I had read up on a few threads on here on how to fit the upper gearbox mount but it was still a right pain in the arse to fit. All fitted now and pleased to get it out the way.
Started stripping out the rear and found about 8 years worth on crap under everything. The car has over the years been used a bit of pack horse but has never complaned once.
Noticed this when fitting the mounts:
There seems to be oil leaking from this. Any ideas on what is involved in fixing it? Big job??
I've got 2 sets of 16" cup Turini's. One with PE2's and the other set are being refurbed in anthracite and will have Yoko A048's fitted. Also got a of TD Prorace 1.2's with R888 rubber. Might drop to 15's if rubber becomes to expensive or there is a huge difference in the handling for the better.
Got my first track day on the 14th of May at Knockhill so hope to have all this done bofore then.
Future plans include:
Cage - either half or full (obviously) but not decided yet
Rear ARB - Probably whiteline
More weight removal
Polybush front wishbones and ARB
Front Strut brace
New steering wheel (Sabelt RSport)
ITB's and Cams (Somewhere down the line)
I'll try and keep the pics coming but I usually get so engrossed in the job in hand I forget.
After reading some of the other projects on here it really does give you some inspiration on what can be done with these cars.