Forum User
    Car
    clio 1.2 dynamique

clio immobiliser problems !!!

I have a Clio 1.2 dynamique was fine all day until I came to unlock the car and the button pressed straight through. I took the key apart and the button had fell off the transponder chip inside so i glued it back on to complete the circuit. it unlocked n locked the car fine but when i turned the ignition the immobiliser light was flashing and wouldn't turn over . the lights, stereo, heater and everything else works fine. I've been in contact with a few people that said its Renault only.
    any ideas anyone ??????

ClioSport Trader
    Car
    Megane III 2.0T

Re: clio immobiliser problems !!!

The actual 'S4' immobiliser transponder "chip" isn't fixed to the PCB... see images below (I know your key will look different but it'll be a single button RF MkII keyfob)...

Attachment 48142

Attachment 48141

The S4 chip has most likely fallen out when you've broken the case open and if it is the case I hope you haven't used to hoover lately cos if you can't find it, it's a trip to the dealership for you asking for a new keyfob and coding session... and they'll need the car! Retail price for supply and coding was around 120-140iirc and can only be done by a main dealer or by someone with access to a Clip (Though an independent auto-locksmith might be able to code up a "Virgin" S4 chip for you if their equipment will allow UCH access)

Mick

I had a similar problem last year with key fob not disarming immobiliser. I was told when you open the fob if it isnt closed within a very short time the key need reprogramming to the car. To do this i needed the immobiliser code which you put in through the central locking button inside the car when you have done this you can reset your key so it and the car's signal match. http://www.bba-reman.com/content.asp...ergency_recode

This site will give you the code for your car and therefore save you having to pay rip off renault garages. It also gives you instructions on how to find and enter your code then reset your fob. Hope this helps

ClioSport Trader
    Car
    Megane III 2.0T

AFAIK that link only relates to early remote CL keys with IR transmission and NOT RF Keys

Also, you can leave the battery out of an RF key for days and it will re-sync itself as its physically paired to the UCH of the vehicle... this can only be done once which is why 2nd hand keys cannot be re-paired to another vehicle despite what eBay adverts may lead you to believe.

ClioSport Club Member
    Runs the original RENTECH IN PORTSMOUTH !!!!!!!!
    Car
    RS MEGANE 250 CUP

If your near Portsmouth we supply and code keys / keycards etc.