Forum User
    Car
    clio 172

front bumper removal

i have just bought a ph2 172 and this weekend i decided i was going to take it apart and give it a good clean but when it came to removing the front bumper i removed all the screws and bolts that i thought would release it but it wouldnt come off. could anyone tell me if i was missing anything?

Also i have fitted the origional rs upper grill after purchasing the car with terrible ktec metal grilles but it doesnt fit properly. It will clip to the bonnet but when you line it up with the holes in the slam panel to clip it in place, it pops off the bumper like the bumper needs to be pushed further in but nothing else looks out of place. It had the ktec lower grill also which i have replaced with a stanard and it also doesnt fix in on its clips on one side

can any body help?

Forum User
    Car
    E36 Coupe & Mk4 Golf

Re: front bumper removal

There is a guide on here mate should help you out.

ClioSport Club Member
    Car
    330Ci #2

Forum User
    Car
    clio 172

cheers for that. looking at it i had removed all the right bolts and screws just must not have pulled hard enough lol

any hints about my grilles not fitting correctly?

Forum User
    Car
    E36 Coupe & Mk4 Golf

Should literally just clip straight in, as long as it is in line.

ClioSport Club Member
    Car
    330Ci #2

make sure you have definitely undone the correct bolts under the arch liners, I undid the wrong one on one side then realised in the process of doing the other, noticing it was higher up the arch. Could of been a costly mistake pulling that away.

Forum User
    Car
    clio 172

well i see there are 2 10mm bolts on each side and i had removed all 4 just to be safe but you say you only have to remove the 10mms closest to the rear?