Forum User
    Car
    Dyson

Engine light Flashing!!

The Mrs was driving to work this morning and the engine light came on flashed for about 10 mins then went off??

Spoke to reno. Waste of f**king time.

The book says its an "Exhaust Gas Monitor Warning Light". Has any one else had this before??

Car is under warrenty but the **** at renault said "i depends on what i needs"...... Depends on what f**king day of the week it is! Robbing b*****ds!!!!!

ClioSport Club Member
    Car
    Trophy

Re: Engine light Flashing!!

yeah i get a flashing light every so often, does it if i leave the car idling for a long time, had new coil leads and plugs under warrenty still does it every so often, car performs amazingly still so im putting it down to being french lol

Forum User
    Car
    RS Clio 200

i got that a while ago after i put valve cleaner in ..... turns out i had water in the sparkys

Forum User
    Car
    Dyson

Cheers people. It drives fine. I can't reallly be bothered to take it in to reno. Do you think i should!

Car
    140hp K4M

Ive ahd it like 3 times, first it wa llambda sensor then the conectrs got al wet and most recently it started to run on 2 cyclinders so LOADS of unburnt fuel contaminated the cat hence the light. check and clean your plugs see if that helps.....

Forum User
    Car
    Dyson

cheers

ClioSport Club Member
    Car
    182cup & 172 racecar

Ive got mine back from Renault because of the same problem.The computer showed a misfire,had coil pack changed,no difference!!,so then had an injector changed,been fine since.Never noticed a missfire but heh under warrenty

ClioSport Club Member
    Car
    Trophy

i get lumpyness on idle? poping from the exhaust when idling too thought it was normal?

Quote Originally Posted by Adeyspec Racing View Post
    i get lumpyness on idle? poping from the exhaust when idling too thought it was normal?
    hi all my grilfiends car dose this ! and today this light cam on ! so it could be the coil pack or ht leads causing it then?.

ClioSport Club Member
    Car
    Trophy

i duno, mine does it and i have them replaced

ClioSport Club Member
    Car

I had a misfire and this light was flashing also, renault confirmed it was water contamination in the spark plugs, so all leads and plugs were changed and was fine after that, although it does tick over slightly lumpy which im pretty sure is a clio thing!!
    I keep reading similar posts where people have had water contamination in there spark plugs, how does this keep happening??

Rob.

Forum User
    Car
    Milltek'd 182

i get this too. took it in to renault they checked my sensors and said they were fine...then decided to 'take it on a test drive to investigate the problem' and averaged about 9/10mpg.....they went for a rag basically!!