Forum User
    Car
    S2000

Cost of replacing thrust bearing

I think that the thrust bearing might need replacing at some point on my car from what has been said on here and I was just wondering if anyone could tell me how much it would cost me at a garage to get a new thrust bearing.

I believe the clutch has to be taken off to do this and therefor there are high labour costs but I don't know how much the thrust bearing itself is.

How much would it cost in total to have a new thrust beaing put on at a garage?

This would be for a Mk1 1.4RT.

Thanks.

Forum User
    Car
    A well built VW

Re: Cost of replacing thrust bearing

try looking on eurocarparts to get an idea of the price , if the clutch needs to come out why not see if that needs replacing may save you money in the long time

Forum User
    Car
    Fabia vRS

thrust bearing itself costs not a lot (bbtuning sell them) eurocarparts etc dont, afaik its a sump off job, well t is on a mk1 16v anyway

Forum User
    Car
    Skoda Fabia vRS

for what its worth id put a new clutch on whilst its off

Forum User
    Car
    S2000

So how much am I likely to be looking at in terms of labour?

Forum User
    Car
    Skoda Fabia vRS

i seem to recall getting one done on my RT and im sure i paid 100 all in, on a saturday !

i might be wrong, it might have been 100 labour, 50 clutch kit

you talking about a proper thrust bearing on the crank or the release bearing on the clutch?

Forum User
    Car
    Oyster Card

He's talking about the clutch bearing as I remember his previous posts, got the same problem as me. My past three clios have all made the same noise no problems yet from it though **Touch wood**

Forum User
    Car
    S2000

I don't know TBH mate - I'm guessing it's teh release bearing on the clutch?

Basically when I am changing gears I sometimes get a screeching sound and it's usually if I slightly rev the engine during the change. It was suggested in another thread or two that it would be the thrust bearing so I was just wondering how much that (whatever it is) would cost ot replace?