ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Power PC Thread [f*ck off consoles]

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
You running a 240mm rad right? Usually it will come with 8 long screws and 8 short screws. The long ones can either just attach fans, or go through the case and fan as well to mount the radiator (sandwiching the fans between the radiator and case). The short ones are just to mount the radiator to the case if you have your fans on the other side.

If it's fouling on the heatsink you can try putting the fans on the bottom of the radiator instead of on top, that might give you more clearance. Or mount the radiator at the front of your case and use it as an intake, like this.

Anyway, take a photo of your rig and post it so it's clearer what the issue is 👍🏻
View attachment 1695671

Shouldn't you have the top of the rad above the CPU? I would say flip it 180 degrees.

I have had a really annoying fan or some kind of resonance since I built the pc tbh, but it's getting really annoying now. I was going to swap the fans to daisy chain ones, but I don't think you can control each individual fan speed when they are linked. I think my problem comes from running all the fans at the same speed. I recommend watching this video, I'm going to give it a try later and see if that sorts it.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
I’ve recently ditched my 240mm AIO in favour of a Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 (can’t stand the stupid names).

£30 air cooler is doing the exact same job, only with no pump noise. Excellent.

Clio
This is how it is currently configured. You can see my tape bodge fix in the top left corner to stop the rad sagging. Stuplid
1717591401685.png

I've tried moving the screws that hold the filter from the outside places to inside to match the Rad but they aren't long enough.
1717591571016.png

and you can sort of see it fouling the mother board here. (and yeah I might of scratched it a little but it only shows under the camera).
1717591669979.png

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Shouldn't you have the top of the rad above the CPU? I would say flip it 180 degrees.
It can cause noise with the tubes at the top, there's always a little bit of air in the system so putting the tubes at the bottom reduces the risk of gurgling sounds. Neither are going to impact performance though, and both are better than having the pump at the top of the loop because that kills pumps.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member

I have had a really annoying fan or some kind of resonance since I built the pc tbh, but it's getting really annoying now. I was going to swap the fans to daisy chain ones, but I don't think you can control each individual fan speed when they are linked. I think my problem comes from running all the fans at the same speed. I recommend watching this video, I'm going to give it a try later and see if that sorts it.

TLDR version is don't stuff all your fans on one header, use all the MB headers you can and set different speeds on a per fan basis.

I would definitely recommend watching that video. I had a bit of a nightmare when I plugged my fans into the motherboard, the motherboard decided it didn't want to detect them (they worked, but showed 0 rpm). After going down a rabbit hole investigating, it turned out I didn't know how a fan splitter worked. I didn't realise one was a 4pin master and the other 2 were 3 pins slaves... As soon as I plugged one of the fans into the master I could then see and control rpm 🤦‍♂️ Now that they have been tuned better using the principles of the guide, that really annoying resonance has gone. The whole system is just quieter in general and even stress testing the CPU with Cinebench it didn't see over 60 degrees.

TLDR version is dont stuff all your fans on one header, use all the MB headers you can and set different speeds on a per fan basis.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
I’ve been using Fan Control for a while now, it can control individual speeds of fans and pumps for water cooling.

It also lets you create a profile to link the fan speeds when one component starts to heat up more than the other. This is very helpful to keep air moving as everything is working together at the right moment.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I’ve been using Fan Control for a while now, it can control individual speeds of fans and pumps for water cooling.

It also lets you create a profile to link the fan speeds when one component starts to heat up more than the other. This is very helpful to keep air moving as everything is working together at the right moment.

Can confirm fan control is decent