ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

NickReilly063

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy Rs265
Sorry no Sir - it wasn’t bad at all however it now feels and looks like new - I also did the Megane steering wheel - handbrake and gear knob - again really impressed with the look and feel.

Reactions: MLB

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I think I'm just after a mid range polishing machine and suggestions on anything else I will need.

The in2detailing one is pretty good.

Saying that I just laid £300 for a machine polish and Gyeon Cancoat with a local detailer.

A full correction is a couple of days but this was a while day job and the result was fantastic

The results were better than what I could achieve myself and obviously I wasn't there for ages.

Kingpin

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Yeah I got quoted £800 by local detailer to do full correction, that's why was thinking of buying the equipment myself and getting to like 90% there instead.

NickReilly063

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy Rs265
I pay around £100 to have a car fully buffed, then do the rest myself.

Ceramic coated the Megane last week, very easy stuff to use with no clouding - brought a new bottle home this weekend to hopefully get the Trophy done.

Results below - Trophy has only been buffed and highly polished so far

IMG_1484.jpeg
IMG_3124.jpeg

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
So, finished a big one the other day. Chuffed with the results (as was the customer!). Full machine polish with coating (inc glass).

F Type Jag, Supercharged V8 and the rare RWD model. BRG over cream with the optional bucket seats (Spec was off the charts actually). Lovely lovely chap.

20240519_095851 - Copy.jpg

20240519_095907 - Copy.jpg

Looked okay from 10 yards! But the paint wasnt in the best condition.

20240519_152045 - Copy.jpg

Better!

20240520_105518 - Copy.jpg

New to me but what a bit of kit. Mini rotary is epic. Ive even got the micro extension kit for it! Takes some getting used to and its very different to a DA, but so so good on intricate areas. and, for the record, no, I didnt just jump on a brand new machine on a rather expensive car lol. Tested a lot on my own before putting it anywhere near this thing.

20240520_121455 - Copy.jpg

Under strict supervision from the owners attack dog.

20240521_141711 - Copy.jpg

20240521_141729 - Copy.jpg
20240521_141817 - Copy.jpg

Absolutely stunning car. The owner was over the moon as they had caused 2 areas of deep 'pig tails' from hand polishing with a dirty cloth. They werent totally removed, but they were heavily reduced.

Owners mate then pops round to see what im up to. Also wants me to do his SLK now 🤣

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
That looks great, 50/50 mixed? I've mixed with V7 before but beading wasn't as strong.

All these BSD pictures, made me grab BSD myself yesterday but not had rain yet 😂

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I think it was about 50/50 yeah tbf was eye balled a bit but I doubt it really matters much. It was the Banana edition they had a while back which was supposed to have more protection too I'll get the tropical one next as the other isn't available now. It stops the BSD from feeling grabby like it does on its own too.

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
I've got to admit BSD never was my favourite for ease of use but didn't notice it being overly grabby yesterday (one spray on cloth, the one spray per panel). Altough it's not near as slick afterwards as some other products.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I don't think it's overly grabby or anything but as you say compared to how slick some products (like the IW) it's a bit less fun to work with especially on a dry car that's pretty much it's only downside though and at £47 for 5L I can certainly live with that.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I've never had an issue with BSD, I could pretty much get rid of my other stuff and use this on everything. And a bottle lasts ages, just a shame it comes out crap.