ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Cars Spotted Appreciation Thread

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Went to Birmingham the other week to collect 2 cars from a dealer inside an old multi story car park… 🤦‍♂️😂

Anyway, these were his retirement he said. Proper tidy ones too.

View attachment 1692655
Were they old purchases? Or did he pay good money for them?

How rare is the e92 individual? Never even seen one that's green!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Were they old purchases? Or did he pay good money for them?

How rare is the e92 individual? Never even seen one that's green!
He said he’s had them years. The E92 is 1 of 4. So pretty rare. Think he said it was scarab green??

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
IMG_20240515_100142.jpg

200.gif

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
I've seen one in that Green before and I thought it looked crap, I don't think they suit that sort of colour. I always have this funny thing where certain cars suit certain colours and that Green doesn't suit the E9X platform full stop for me.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I've seen one in that Green before and I thought it looked crap, I don't think they suit that sort of colour. I always have this funny thing where certain cars suit certain colours and that Green doesn't suit the E9X platform full stop for me.

I do agree. Green is my favourite car colour, and it looks good in my eyes, but BRG would probably look better.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Is the e92 manwell? I feel like anything V8/V10 will increase in value quicker than their auto counterparts despite how much better they are?

Original gated manual R8’s are slowly creeping up, as with the gated V10’s.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Im back at it...
20240516_074249.jpg

It looked special driving in, I think these look great. A little Lambo mixed in with a little Lotus, Aston and Bugatti.

He also parked like a t**t but I'll let him off as he was probably dazzled by how good the 340 looked.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
It's not so much that we're wasteful, they just don't last. The amount of salt thrown around come winter time is phenomenal. Some winter mornings the M1 is white, not from snow but from all the salt crystals on the road surface.
Cars just don't last under that kind of assault, suspension, exhaust, bodywork, it all takes a beating.

Go to warmer country where they don't do that kinda thing, suddenly cars are much longer lived.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Always cool to see things like that abroad. It's why so many retired folk like to keep classics abroad if they can get around laws/brexit etc!

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
It's not so much that we're wasteful, they just don't last. The amount of salt thrown around come winter time is phenomenal. Some winter mornings the M1 is white, not from snow but from all the salt crystals on the road surface.
Cars just don't last under that kind of assault, suspension, exhaust, bodywork, it all takes a beating.

Go to warmer country where they don't do that kinda thing, suddenly cars are much longer lived.

That definitely plays a role, but I think there is more to it. The sheer number of older cars is nuts. I saw more MK1 Puntos in 6 days in Portugal than I've seen in the UK in probably 15 years. That can't just be because of climate. I think we have a slightly different attitude to parts of Europe, especially southern Europe. A lot of them just aren't as bothered by the whole "look at me, I've got a new car" thing that a lot of Brits are so attached to.

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
I distinctly remember reading something about this, although I believe it was defined as being more specific to Germany.

Theres an element of modesty about it. Owning a brand new car is seen as 'showing off', is how I understood it anyway. Keeping older cars is a more modest way of living as opposed to the stark opposite in the UK.

That said, having beeen to Spain multiple times, my theory somewhat differs there - Everyone quite literally doesnt give a s**t. They'll bash into other peoples cars like its nothing. So, I think, its more that they just dont care and dont want a newer car as it will get smashed almost immediately!

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
That definitely plays a role, but I think there is more to it. The sheer number of older cars is nuts. I saw more MK1 Puntos in 6 days in Portugal than I've seen in the UK in probably 15 years. That can't just be because of climate. I think we have a slightly different attitude to parts of Europe, especially southern Europe. A lot of them just aren't as bothered by the whole "look at me, I've got a new car" thing that a lot of Brits are so attached to.

Possibly, although I distinctly remember the drivers door on my mates Punto falling off one day, having rotted completely out.

90's cars were phenomenal for rust, even modern cars are if they've got that stupid sponge shite in the wings that traps moisture against the metal.